Friday

Enoch King

Born 22 January 1770 in Massachusetts to Mary and John King
Married Rhoda Phillips 31 August 1788 in Massachusetts
Enoch-John Russell-Rose Ellen-Russell-Norma
Died 8 October 1853 in Missouri
Buried in Barnard, Missouri

I'm always looking for more about Enoch.  Here's a bit his grandson, Thomas Franklin King, wrote about him:

In 1846, when I was just five years old, my family left Nauvoo. They owned a wagon but no team, as the team they used, belonged to my grandfather, Enoch King. Enoch and his wife, Sarah Brown, were traveling with us, or we with them.
My grandfather was quite aged, being about 76 years old, and his wife had not much faith in the gospel, they soon concluded to go no further. Thus, when they took the team off the wagon, we became side tracked. This took place about 40 miles from Mount Pisgah, in Iowa, about 100 miles west of Nauvoo.
Thomas's family was able to continue on to Utah in 1854.

No comments: